March 1, 2009
No answer yet
No introduction yet
Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to those interested in practicing the shamanic and intuitive arts! You have found your way to the meetup group for the Institute for the Shamanic Arts (ISA) in Tucson, AZ. ISA is a branch of Earth Web Media, a religious nonprofit with the purpose of offering people opportunities to experience Shamanic Animism.
Here, you can join with other folks interested in having shamanic experiences and sharing our experiences with each other. We explore the areas of trance, intuition, drumming, divination, energetic soul work and the shamanic journey in ways that help us explore our healing, inner peace, and connection with our inner worlds and dreaming mind.
If you become a member of this group you can view the calendar and read more about upcoming offerings (which take place in multiple locations around town), receive reminders of events and the most updated info! If and when you join this group and attend a meetup/circle offered by an assistant organizer or organizer of this group, it means you have read and agree to our "Principles of Agreement " seen below.
This group was started by Quynn Red Mountain, shamanic practitioner and founder of the Institute for the Shamanic Arts (ISA) (www.quynn.com). Circles are offered by a number of practitioners in the shamanic, intuitive and wellness arts- All are friends of ISA who participate in circles, workshops and trainings here! Each practitioner comes with their own gifts, and their own approach to shamanizing and wellness. Please Note: These offerings in no way are meant to replace any kind of medical or psychological treatment.
Women and men are welcome, as are people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and persuasions. Our goal is to facilitate opportunities to explore the journey, together. You can find out more about our approach at http://www.shamanworld.com/.
Please note: We promote these offerings in addition to listing them at this group, so listed attendance is not necessarily reflective of how many people participate.
Please see the "About" page for information to help you understand Spirit Guided Donation, and our RSVP policy. Also, when in circle with others, please turn off your cell phone, and as modern spiritualists, let us agree NOT TO Receive calls or "TEXT" while in circle. The point of shamanizing is to focus within, and texting energetically distracts from your own experience, and within the group. Thank you,
"Raven's Eye" drawing by Elisabeth Black.
"Now, more than ever, there is a need for people to experience emotional and spiritual healing." Quynn
There are many wonderful opportunities for self-refection, soul restoration and spiritual exploration in the gatherings offered here. Once you join this group, the best way to explore is to show up to a circle that interests you. Each facilitator is kind and openhearted, with a strong skill set in their area of interest.
Happy Journeys! See you soon!,
"7 Principles of Agreement" of Earth Web Media’s Institute for the Shamanic Arts
Every community needs agreements. Here are ours. IF YOU ATTEND A CIRCLE HOSTED BY THIS GROUP, IT MEANS YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1) A “circle” is any gathering/event hosted by Earth Web Media’s meetup group Tucson Institute for the Shamanic Arts, no matter the venue.
2) We are all unique beings from different backgrounds, belief systems and with a variety of personal issues and sensitivities. AND- We are all responsible adults taking care of ourselves, our own bodies, actions and emotions. No attendee will hold the Institute for the Shamanic Arts (ISA), Earth Web Media (EWM), the organizer or event organizer responsible for any miscommunication, misstep or perceived affront. By attending any circle offered through the meetup, you indicate that you agree with the statements here, as well as our Liability Release form stated HERE.
3) We are all on our spiritual paths as self-healers. No one has the right or only answer for anyone else. This group is designed for each of us to find the right answers for ourselves. We each intend to act from our highest self at all times. At no time is violence, abusive language or aggression (in the physical world or through the web/phone) tolerated by anyone.
4) Words and beliefs can activate, but they can also offend. We intend that circles offer opportunities for participants to connect with their spirit world, and other like-minded people. If at any time, your buttons get pushed by someone or something said/done, we ask that you speak your issue to the event organizer. If you do not feel you can do this in a calm and appropriate manner, we ask that you leave the circle at that time. No value judgment will be waged. You may come back to another circle if you feel so inclined.
5) If such an incident does occur and it is not resolved in the circle, we ask that you bring up the issue after circle with the event organizer and meetup organizers by email. Every attempt will be made to deal with the issue peaceably.
6) A person can be removed from the meetup.com group for any reason (as stated in the agreement we all sign at meetup.com). A person may, and will, be removed from the group if conflicts/issues are not resolved in a manner that satisfies the organizer(s) and /or the participant.
7) A great deal of the beauty and power that can be experienced in a circle is the witnessing and sharing that happens in sacred space held by all. By attending a circle all participants agree that confidentiality is important, so what is shared in group, stays in group. If something is said that bothers, offends, or worries someone in such group, bring it up with event organizer and meetup organizer. Speaking about other circle participants outside of the context of the circle is a violation of their personal privacy and such an act can result in group removal.
May peace be upon you and may we always be a perfect and loving mirror for each other.
IF YOU ATTEND ANY CIRCLE OFFERED BY THIS GROUP, IT MEANS YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE WITH STATEMENTS PROVIDED.
849 Hand Drummers
722 Spiritual Friends
264 Adventure Yogis
737 Conscious Foodies
822 Secular Humanists