align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Tucson Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Late Night Saturday Sabino Hike?

Late Night Saturday Sabino Hike?

Greg C.
user 8398410
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 127
AFAIK, all the group's hikes convene at the pavilion building northwest of the restrooms and adjacent to the parking lot.

Here! http://goo.gl/maps/LK...­

Is anyone up for another Sat. Night hike this coming weekend?
(Assuming Philip doesn't schedule an official trek.)
A former member
Post #: 29
I would really like to do this again, but I'm only good for about 6 miles. I went on the first one and Philip's written description said it really wasn't a hike, but it turned into a longer one than I anticipated and I made the mistake of trying to break in new hiking boots. I just don't know what my real limit is absent the boot issue. So if someone is willing to turn back with me at the three mile marker or hang out until the rest of the group is on the way back, I would like to go. I just don't relish waiting for the mountain lion alone, as much as I would like to see one.
Greg C.
user 8398410
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 128
The lateness of the hike, combined with the heat, does tend to sneak up on you.

There are plenty of places where you can stop and hang out while the others continue to the end. Rejoin the mob as they head back... The mountain lions are actually quite friendly and will be happy to keep you company. wink

On the last hike, I bailed - and waited - just past the 3 mile mark. There's a restroom, water, and some neat pools and cascades nearby - at least when water is flowing.
A former member
Post #: 30
I opted for the Madera Canyon trip this Saturday. I can't resist blacklights and bugs. I would like to do the late night Sabino hike Saturday the 28th if it's on.
Greg C.
user 8398410
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 129
Stay tuned, I think Philip may start up the 'official' hike that week.

FWIW, I'll be out of town the 28th and some time beyond. If Philip is still on vacation, one of you are certainly free to organize another unofficial stroll.