addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Washington Turkish Language and Culture Group Message Board › Turkish Convo Meet-ups anyone?

Turkish Convo Meet-ups anyone?

A former member
Post #: 2
Selam arkadaşlar,

I'm writing this message to gauge whether there'd be interest in a weekly or bi-weekly Turkish conversation meet up group somewhere in the city. When I joined this group that was what I was hoping to find, but I haven't found that any such thing exists (let me know plz if it does!). I have friends who go to weekly conversation hours for Russian and Arabic, and they get so much great practice out of it. It would be wonderful to have people come from all levels so that we could learn from each other.

Anyways, please let me know if you're interested. If there seems to be enough interest, I'd love to schedule something.

Görüşürüz!
Julia
A former member
Post #: 1
Ben gelebilirim :) when & where !

Omer
Dan B.
user 37865862
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
Ben'de gelebilirim. Ne zaman? nerede? I'm in Arlington so DC would work. It would be my first meetup.
Mary
msanderson
Washington, DC
Post #: 34
Merhaba, Julia!

I'd be interested in a weekly or bi-weekly group. Maybe we could meet near Metro Center/Gallery Place so metro lines would be nearby. There are a couple of Cosis around there that we could try out so people could either just get a drink or eat dinner. Would Monday nights after work be convenient for everyone? What do you think?

Görüşürüz,

Mary

Yasemin
user 54905552
Washington, DC
Post #: 3

Selamlar,

I would like to join, too.

Yasemin.
Mary
msanderson
Washington, DC
Post #: 35
I've posted a conversation Meetup suggestion for Monday, Jan. 28, from 6:30-8 p.m. We'll need three RSVPs before it's announced to the whole group.
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks for taking this up Mary - I was really interested in having these meet-ups, but then I just got busy with work and totally forgot about setting it up.
A former member
Post #: 4
I just found someone made a new site titled Washington Metropolitan Area Turkish Learners and they are having a meet-up on January 6th (Sunday) to meet each-other - Wanted to let ya'll know if you're interested in joining, maybe we can combine our groups.

http://www.meetup.com...­
Christine
user 9742652
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 9
Merhaba! I found this group on here, however I live in Baltimore.... I think mostly everyone on here lives in DC, but if any one is closer to my way, let me know!

Christine