Twin Cities High Carb Vegans Message Board › Awesome Fruit Buys

Awesome Fruit Buys

A former member
Post #: 2
Where do you buy your fruits? Do you know of any great deals?

Let's share!
user 8521057
Shakopee, MN
Post #: 17
I'm only on Day 3, so I've just been buying from my local Co-op (Lakewinds). I'd love to find a way to buy wholesale! I'm going to check out an Asian market tomorrow- hopefully will find some good deals there!
A former member
Post #: 5
I have just found this website that sells tropical seasonal fruits in bulk, let me know if anyone wants to purchase something and split it.. https://farmtropical....­
user 38404392
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
I just asked around on how much boxes of banans would be, like at my co-op and cub foods lol
Jason A.
user 58700162
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
If you buy bananas from Coop Partners, they're only $0.89/lb. They're located in St. Paul off Cretin/Vandalia and 94E. Their website: http://www.cooppartne...­
user 10725187
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Thanks for the information on Co-op partners... I'll be headed there for bananas... lots and lots of bananas!

Has anyone found an organic durian here in Minneapolis?
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm finding that Cub has decent prices on organic bananas. Currently they are 69¢ /lb or $27.60 per case. I believe they are only 10¢ or 20¢ more /lb when regular price. I strongly suggest not buying any bananas from Columbia... the last batch I bought had weird texture and were splitting. Ecuador or Puru has good bananas.

You can get dried fruits and veggies in bulk from quite cheap I might add. That's where Freelee gets her freeze dried corn for winter months... I checked and the corn is not organic, but they have plenty of other organic stuff on there. Good stuff during MN winters.

Aside from miles of meat, Costco has 5/lb bags of organic rice for around $5 and they also have 3-5/lb bags of frozen organic fruits and veggies for around $5 as well. Organic bananas are not much cheaper than Cub... but not much other organic produce to speak of. Although I hear they do have cheap organic raw sugar.

... and that's all I know.