Twin Cities Comedy and Wine Message Board › About HUGE Theater

About HUGE Theater

Minnebarista (Jacq...
JacqStPaul2
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 24
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Hi! I know Gary recently sent out a note about our discount at HUGE Theater and mentioned he hadn't been there yet, so I thought I'd give HUGE a personal shout-out.

HUGE was founded recently by three of the funniest comediens in town, one of whom is the nationally-acclaimed improviser Jill Bernard (who is not only hilarious, but sweet and highly accessible. (I recommend following her on Twitter). On stage at HUGE are comic improvisers coming from all directions: Brave New Workshop, Comedy Sportz, Stevie Ray's and Yes! and Food. HUGE fills a need for an improv venue focused on LONG-FORM sets. (Comedy Sportz does short form and BNW does sketch comedy shows on the main stage). Long-form takes a lot of skill, as the players must keep a story line going--and building--through the set.

There are different shows on different nights. "Show X" is one I highly recommend: the players are the top in town and they are very skilled. There are also classes at HUGE I would recommend.

I've been involved in Twin Cities Improv for the past three years and love it! I'd recommend classes to any of you who want to try something completely different and fun.