If you've ever fancied a Sicilian Volcano adventure.. this is it!
From the 8th- 13thOctober 2012 - £385
We'll explore all these:
*Traverse the crater rims & lava flows on Mount Etna (Europe's notorious, most active Volcano)
* Wine tour & lunch at a nearby vineyard in the foothills
* Enjoy visits to the beautiful, cultural cities of Palermo, Catania & Cefalu town
* Ferry journey to 'Vulcano island' with hike up to summit crater then some chill time by the sea in thermal mud baths and thermal springs
* Overnight stay in 3 star hotel on Stromboli island (incl Thermal spa)
* Evening hike to Stromboli's famous viewpoint to see active lava eruptions in action
* Visit to the uniquely picturesque town of Taormina
* Day hike along the Cava Grande gorge with opportunity to swim & explore caves
* Relax on roof terrace at main accommodation with views of Mt Etna & 300m from beach & option to hire bicycles
* Enjoy world famous Sicilian food & wine...
* ..along with active fun, friendship, photo's/film, endless laughs & happy memories!
- All accommodation (On both islands)
- Accommodations: 4 nights in a Hostel in Sicily (mix of 3, 4 and 6 beds per room, single sex, exclusive use rooms) and 1 night in Hotel in Stromboli (mix of 3 and 4 beds per room, single sex, exlusive use rooms)
- All transport around Sicily main island (to all cities, towns, ports, airports, accommodation etc)
- All breakfasts
- Full day Etna tour (incl hike & lava caves with vulcanologist) & visit to Vineyard in foothills of Mt Etna
- Visit Aeolian islands with guided hike on Vulcano island
- Exploration hike along Cava Grande gorge
Flights, ferries, lunches/dinners, optional guided night trek to Stromboli summit, attraction entrance fees.
This nearly week long trip offers the opportunity to explore the dramatic volcanic landscapes of Sicily's Aeolian Islands and Mount Etna.
The seven islands that make up the archipelago are UNESCO World heritage sites and you can see why; black sand beaches, thermal springs and striking active volcanoes.
We'll trek on Vulcano and Stromboli and take in the culture and beauty of the area.
On Sicily mainland we trek on Mount Etna (3350m), the highest active volcano in Europe with its diverse landscape, lava flows and vast plains of black sand at the summit contrast with the green and fertile lower slopes.
This trip to Sicily offers relaxation and stimulation with a great mix of invigorating treks and interesting town visits. You'll gain a first hand appreciation of the power of volcanoes, enjoy contrasting scenery, the sweet taste of the “malvasia” wine, great food and the warmth of the local people. - all in a week!
Tiny, white-washed houses are perched like eagles nests on volcanic mountain slopes, whilst below the contrasting turquoise and blue waters of the Mediterranean lap black, sandy beaches that fringe the shoreline below. Barren lava flows meet a seemingly infinite succession of cultivated fields, whilst razor sharp mountain crests afford striking panoramas further enhancing the juxtaposition of constantly changing colour.
During the trip you’ll walk on active volcanoes, explore crater rims and recent lava flows whilst also discovering picturesque fishing villages steeped in tradition, ancient Roman ruins and enjoy thermal springs, mud bath, river & beach for swimming too.
1) RSVP now then transfer £135 into the uDare bank account below within 5 days
2) Email confirmation of your payment/reference code to [masked]
3) Transfer the balance of £250 by 1st June.
Account name: uDare
* Please use ‘Sicily+Yourname' (as it appears on your meetup profile) as your transaction code
Interesting article featuring Stromboli, questioning latest theory on..... 'Why Volcano's erupt'!?!
Flight info & our meeting point:
Meeting point: At Palermo Airport at 10:30am on Monday 8th of October.
The only cheap flight company which fly to Palermo on the October 8th is Ryanair.
You have to book the flights with Ryanair to get to Palermo for this date
If you want, you can fly to Palermo the day before (There are more options on Sunday with Easyjet, Ryanair) In this case we will meet you in the city of Palermo (meeting point will be arranged later)
Recommended Outbound (Ryanair) flight:
London Stansted to Palermo
Dep Monday, 8th of October 20126:15am
Arr Monday , 8th of October 201210:10am
Flight FR 3918
Cost: 69.41 GBP (checked on 10th of March)
Return flight from CATANIA Airport: As we will spend our last day in Catania.
Recommended Return (Easyjet) flight:
Catania to London Gatwick
Dep Saturday, 13thof October 201220:20pm
Arr Saturday, 13th of October 201222:40pm
Flight EZY 8568
Cost: 74.61 GBP (checked on 10th of March)
By booking on to a uDare event you are confirming your agreement to our Terms & Conditions which can be viewed in full by clicking this link. Be considerate, be responsible and enjoy!