addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Ubuntu Vancouver. Fun, Parties, Real Friends! Message Board How I Came to Ubuntu (and Ubuntu Vancouver) › I didn't Want to learn Vista

I didn't Want to learn Vista

HellaD
helladelicious
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 8
I had been hearing about Ubuntu from a friend of ours for a couple years before I took the plunge. We moved to Vancouver in 2008, my very old (80s) laptop finally gave up the ghost and we got a free computer with our internet service. It had Vista on it and I hated it. So I said to my man, please, please help me get Ubuntu onto this computer, because if I am gonna have to learn a new thing I want it to be something I like, something I believe in and whatnot.

Also I knew there was a great support group here in Vancouver and if he was too busy to help me I could probably find someone else.

As it turned out, once we had gotten Ubuntu installed I didn't really have to relearn everything anyway as most of the software is very user friendly and familiar, so it turned out to be much better than trying to suffer through Vista.