Please note this event is not run by UKTCGS and all entry costs will need to be paid to the Organisers on the day,unless stated otherwise.The following information is provided by Konami and is correct at time of posting.We will endeavour to bring you all of the latest updates with regards this event as & when they are available.
RSVP if you are going and please get lots of photos if you can!
To contact the Organisers post a comment on this listing and it will be emailed to them direct!
"UK Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG National Championship 2013
UK Yu-Gi-Oh! Dragon Duel Championship 2013
We are really pleased to be able to announce this year's UK Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG National Championship
and Yu-Gi-Oh! Dragon Duel Championship. After months of promising you the details, it is great to be
able to give everyone 3 months notice of what we are sure will be the UK largest event of its type to
date with anticipated 500 players attending.
On Friday 17th through to Sunday 19th May 2013, you and your community of players are invited to
join us at Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham to take part in the UK Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG National
Championship and Yu-Gi-Oh! Dragon Duel Championship.
This is an open event, so everyone can take part and with only a £15 entry fee and great prizes this will be a fun weekend for everyone.
VENUE: Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Edgbaston Road, Birmingham, B5 7QU
The venue (pictured above) has free car parking next to it, strong local and national transport links and is surrounded by many hotels at rates to suit all budgets, so there is no excuse not to attend.
In addition to the Nationals we will also be running a full schedule of public events and other activities including:
- Nationals Trials (32 Player Knockout Events, Friday from 13:00, £4 Entry Fee)
A chance for a player to win Free Entry into the National Championship and some cool game mats.
Each player will receive at least 1 booster as a participation prize. Each of these events will start
when we get to 32 players. Other booster prizes will also be given.
- Double Display Duel (Saturday 3pm and 5pm, Sunday Midday capped at 64 players, £8)
Advanced format event swiss tournament style with a cut to the top 4. Winner receives 2 Displays of boosters. Each player receives 2 boosters as a participation prize. Other booster prizes will also be given.
- Pegasus Challenge (Sunday 10:00, Entry Fee – £8, No limit on entries)
Each player will receive 2 current boosters as a participation prize. Winner to receive 100 boosters of
product/Astral packs/Battle Packs etc. Other booster prizing dependant on entry.
- 16 Player “Win a Mat” (All weekend, Entry Fee £8 for constructed £20 for sealed pack)
Each event will start when we get to 16 players. Winner receives a game mat. Each player will also
receive at least 2 Boosters as a participation prize. Other booster prizes will also be given.
- 8 Player Knockout (All weekend, Entry Fee £4 for constructed, £20 for sealed pack)
Each event will start when 8 players have signed up. Each player will receive at least 1 booster as a
participation prize. Other booster prizes will also be given.
- Duelist Open Duelling (12:00 start. Players pay £4 for a daily wristband, Friday wristband usable on Saturday also, £6 for a weekend wristband)
Each player receives a booster on entry, and are then able to play open duelling using the Duelist League system all weekend at their own convenience.
Single Card Traders – Will be available to sell you the cards that you need to complete your deck.
- Sealed Pack Play Masterclass – Players will be invited to take part in a sealed pack play Masterclass and will then receive the chance to play in a free sealed pack event to show off the skills they have
- Prize Draw – Players will be invited to complete a questionnaire which will enter them in a free prize draw to win a mega Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game bundle.
As with all schedules, this is subject to change prior to the event and we are looking to add additional
events over the weekend."