You must purchase tickets on Eventbrite ($10 pitch/attend)
Please join us for the March 22nd Ultra Light Startups Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown event
- Startups should not miss their chance to "Pitch Your Company"
- Please review the Pitch FAQ's and reserve a Pitch ticket
Boston Investor Panel
David Beisel (@davidbeisel) Cofounder and Partner at NextView Ventures, focusing on working with founding entrepreneurs looking for additional capital and expertise to help build great digital media & internet companies. Also founder and organizer of the Web Innovators Group, an organization which holds quarterly events which bring together nearly a thousand people in the web and mobile entrepreneurial ecosystem. Serves on the Board of Directors at BlogHer, a women’s-focused blogging community and media network as well as an active blogger at GenuineVC.com.
Dayna Grayson (@daynagrayson) Principal at North Bridge Venture Partners, specializing in Digital Media. Her investment career follows operational success in product design and management.Dayna actively invests in companies seeking to change the way the Internet is used to deliver and monetize consumer services.
Brett Garrett (@brettgarrett) Principal at Bain Capital Ventures. Brett has been involved in a wide range of investments across multiple sectors and stages. Currently, Brett splits his time between Boston and New York City where he evaluates venture and growth opportunities in digital media and e-commerce and assists companies throughout the Bain Capital Ventures portfolio.
Matt Fates (@mattfates) Partner at Ascent Venture Partners with a focus on investments in early stage companies in the emerging sectors of information technology and investing only in the eastern U.S. His team leads Series A or Series B rounds of investment and seeks to build a meaningful relationships with management. Board member of a number of well recognized companies as well as serving as Overseer at the Boston Museum of Science driving the museum mission in science and technology.
Pitch applications now being accepted for March 22nd. 8-10 companies will be selected to pitch. Those who do not make this round of pitches will receive a full refund or may use their ticket for general admission. (Apply now, good luck!)
- 6:30pm – Feedback Forum – 10 startups pitch to a Live In-Person Boston Investor panel; the panel provides feedback for each pitch
- 8:15pm – Pitch Showdown - audience voting via Twitter; winners announced and prizes awarded
- 8:30pm – Drinks at nearby location
The Investor Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown is designed to:
- Help early stage startups refine their investor pitch
- Provide helpful, actionable advice on each startups business model from active, early-stage tech startup investors
- Demonstrate to the audience how investors evaluate startup pitches
- Award prizes to the most viable startups, based on audience and panel voting.
- Top three winning startups will be awarded a $500 credit from Amazon Web Services
- Every startup pitching receives a complimentary one week pass to WorkBar Boston.
(5 consecutive days, to be redeemed within 30 days of ULS event)
- Every startup pitching receives special access to the Ultra Light Founders club.
- First place winner of the pitch showdown will receive a $1000 credit worth of legal services from our Boston exclusive legal sponsor Mintz Levin
- ***NEWPRIZE*** - First place winner will receive a fast tracked in-person interview for consideration in the DreamIt Ventures Summer 2012 Accelerator Class.
At the Investor Feedback Forum, the panel and the startup pitches are integrated into a single session. Startups pitch to a panel of early-stage technology investors. Each startup gives a pitch and brief demonstration of his/her product. The panel and audience ask follow-up questions after each pitch. The panel gives constructive feedback to each startup pitching. At the end of the series of pitches, the audience votes for their favorite pitches via Twitter. The winners are announced and prizes are awarded. Then we go for drinks nearby.
- Cris De Luca (@crisdeluca), Co-founder/Moderator, Ultra Light Startups Boston
- Graham Lawlor (@generationg), Founder, Ultra Light Startups