1) Winter League registration ends DECEMBER 20th. That's soon. If you want to play and have not yet registered, go to UltimateChicago.org and sign up.
2) Looks like the New Year's Day Indoor HAT Tourney still has spots open. Again, register through UltimateChicago.org
3) RSVP for this weekend's games. We had to cancel last Sunday, and I'd really hate to have to cancel any of this weekend's games.
4) A new meetup has been scheduled for Christmas Eve Ultimate! Friday, December 24th, 10 AM. Be there (but RSVP first).
5) I got an email recently from Bridget. Some of you may remember playing with her once or twice earlier this year (sadly, I do not...perhaps I just wasn't there those games?). Anyway, here's the deal:
Hey, im that highschooler that came once or twice. I had a
couple of strings pulled with palatine park district AND there
is Ultimate Frisbee Open gym at falcon park. on the 22 and 23rd
of december at 10:30. i was hoping some of you guys would show
up. its a complete indoor turf and a totally new facility in
palatine. it would cost $5 a head but itll totally worth it.
there's a facebook event for it... if you want more info its
called Ultimate Indoor pickup. but i was really hoping you
would maybe post it in your surburban ultimate meetup to let
more players know about it. shoot me an email if you have any
questions! Seriously this is a great opportunity to play
For your reference, it's 10:30 AM. Which means I'd need to take off of work to play. Which I'd totally be willing to do, if I had any more time off for the year (I don't)...But for those of you who do not have commitments those mornings, this sounds awesome. If you go, recruit all those other people to play on the weekends with our group.?More people = more fun.?Also, see if they can have evening games on like, Wednesdays or something.?
Apparently, there are like 14 people that are Yes's and 13 Maybe's, when I had my Facebook-having-friend check for me a few hours ago.
If any of you can't make it out these next couple weeks, enjoy the rest of your 2010.
See you on the field,