1) We'll be playing Sunday at noon. It will probably be the warmest snow day for a while. Or maybe not. I don't know, I don't pay attention to how weather works. But it'll be fun.
2) That indoor game in Naperville (Players Indoor Sports) - Saturday nights from 7:30 - 9:30 PM was awesome. Again, it's $10 / week, each Saturday through March 3rd. We had a number of people from Busse show up this weekend, and everyone really enjoyed themselves. It felt nice being able to like, run (nice flat fake turf vs. snow, mud, frozen ground, and whatever sandy concrete shit is in Jamie's barn). The pace was quick, though with rotations and subs it was never too bad. The surface is awesome, and being able to play off the walls is always interesting. I can't make it next week, but I should be back the week after.
3) I think we're hanging out at Fox & Hound in Schaumburg this Thursday, 6:15ish. Jerseys was kind of a bust, especially their strict adherence to "fire safety." Let us put some tables together, come on guys.
That's about it. If I were you, I'd stop reading pretty much right now, because if you keep reading you're going to learn about this thing where you might donate money for a questionable cause.
4) So here's the deal. There isn't that much broadcast-quality ultimate frisbee video. A group of people want to try and change that. This group of people needs some money to do this. If they get that money, they'll be showing 12 games with multiple camera angles, instant replay, (probably really bad but who knows) commentary, and all that stuff during March. (With plans to expand if all goes well). These broadcasts will be available free online for standard definition during the regularly scheduled times, but cost like $10 for high-definition and a longer viewing window. The group doing this is NexGen (you may remember them from a ton of exhibition matches this past year). In any case, I encourage you to check out this link and watch the video - if nothing else, you'll see a bunch of cool frisbee catches & d's. I don't appreciate all the discs getting spiked, but I try not to push my politics on other folks, so whatever. Check out this link for details - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nexgen/ngn-nexgen-network
- Check out this link to see examples of the terrible commentary (and the t-shirt designs) - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nexgen/ngn-nexgen-network/posts
In full transparency, there's like a 50/50 chance that I donate to this thing. If I do, I'll be doing the $20 to see the high-definition games. Most importantly, if donating to this thing means that you won't make it out to play at Busse one day, or you won't go to a frisbee social event because of financial concerns, then please don't donate. Seriously. Show up and play, or show up and hang out. Don't let this vague stupid thing that you probably don't care to much about anyway impede you from actually having fun. But if giving to "a good cause" (and considering this to be a good cause) will make you feel good about yourself, then go for it. Or, if you think you might get the premium subscriptions anyway, then this seems like it would be cool to do.
See you on the field,