Suburban Ultimate Frisbee (Schaumburg) Message Board › Ultimate - Picnic Notes

Ultimate - Picnic Notes

Casimir
user 9713734
Schaumburg, IL
Hey Everyone,

First off, a big thank you to everyone who showed up to our picnic / barbecue yesterday. A special thanks to grillmaster Vince, and food-runners John and Val. Everyone contributed, but these three voluntarily stopped playing ultimate to help make things better for everyone.

I had a great time yesterday. Every year, my family does a picnic thing, and they're okay, but it seems like a lot of people come out because of a sense obligation, rather than because they want to show up. Also, about half of the people that show up I only see once a year, at that picnic. So although I enjoy it, it's not nearly as cool as what we were able to do yesterday. Everyone showed up because they like ultimate, like the group, and are willing to contribute something to make it all work. It was a joy to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while, and meet a handful of new friends. Once again, thank you everyone.

From what I could tell, everyone who showed up seemed to be having a great time. But maybe you didn't? If you have any suggestions for ways to make our next picnic better, please let me / Dean / Vince / John / some other regular player know.

As for our next picnics, we've got the 4th of July falling on a Monday this year, and then Labor Day looks like it's September 5th. I'd say the same sort of thing should work. I should probably stipulate that *NO FIREWORKS* would be a very good rule to follow.

With summer fast approaching, I'll probably mention these three things every email for a while - hydration, sunscreen, and bug spray.

See you on the field,
Caz