addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Suburban Ultimate Frisbee (Schaumburg) Message Board › Weekday Games Over (& Other Topics)

Weekday Games Over (& Other Topics)

Casimir
user 9713734
Schaumburg, IL
Hey Everyone,

Although it's been mentioned off-handedly a few times, and the Meetups have been removed from the site, we are "officially" done with weekday games for the season. Yes, the weather is great this week. Yes, we get an hour of time back this weekend. Yes, this is partly (primarily?) an executive decision. Fire me. There needs to be a cutoff sometime, so last week was that time. If everyone used the site and we actually had RSVPs, we could do something like "if 6+, game on." But I think one of the games last week had like 1 RSVP, and that was Satya's default from creating the games.

Anyway...we'll start weekdays up again in March, I think, based on polls and interest and such. And, if we have the same interest as we did this summer (20+ people every game), we'll likely have 3-4 weekday games, in addition to the weekend games.

Next, there's going to be some sort of tournament thing over Thanksgiving in West Dundee. I don't know the day(s). Once all the info gets to me, I'll send it out to you. Although it says "tournament," I have been told it's a pretty relaxed, easy-going type thing. So even if you've never played "competitively," come on out. You now know as much as I know. I definitely intend to participate, and would encourage everyone else to do so as well.

Next, although our weekday games are over, there will be indoor Thursday night games (pick-up) in Carol Stream starting January 6th through March 10th, check the details here -http://sports.groups....­ -

Also, if you're not a fan of the cold at all (or you're that hardcore and want more frisbee action), there are going to be indoor Sunday night games (Hat League) through Ultimate Chicago, check the details here - http://ultimatechicag...­ -

"But what about Tuesdays?" Matt K runs this rather fun, indoor workout bootcamp thing called "The Sweatshop." Satya and I went for the Halloween edition ("Spookshop") and both got a great workout in. Check it out here, email Matt, or talk with him at frisbee to get the details - http://www.youregoing...­ -

Basically all this info is available here - http://www.meetup.com...­ - But I know many people can't be troubled to follow links, so I just restated it all.

Finally, on Sunday a bunch of frisbee players decided to play some two-hand touch football on a nearby field. It looks like this (playing other sports...football, possibly softball / volleyball / soccer / bowling) might be a semi-regular occurrence. If you're interested in being on the email / text-message-spam interest lists for these, let me know.

Thanks, everyone, for a great season of Ultimate! See you in the off-season!
Caz
Brandon S.
user 13098119
Schaumburg, IL
Post #: 1
Caz, do you have Facebook? I will post the link to the group that's been created for the Thanksgiving weekend tournament. It was a lot of fun last year, competitive, but not intimidatingly so to the newer player. Anyone who has FB can go to the link and sign up. Teams are roughly split up and decided upon beforehand so that it looks like everyone has a fair chance. Some players are then re-shuffled the morning of the tournament based on no-shows. I believe they are asking people to bring roughly $5 this year for food and a small prize for the winning team

Also for anyone who still wishes to play some Ultimate on Tuesdays, we play night games in West Dundee at 5:30pm. We get some cascading light from an illuminated hockey rink that falls down onto our field. We also use light-up discs, bands, and goal markers. We play games to 15, no stall count, generally soft boundaries. It's a lot of fun, and I encourage anyone still wishing to play to come on out. I will post the FB link to that too, but for simple directions: Head West on Higgins Road until you pass 31. Turn left at the first stop light (the Mall will be on your right and Chili's on your left). Make the second right, into the parking lot for the park.

Tournament: Click Me!

Tuesday Night Ultimate Game: Click Me Too!
A former member
Post #: 1
Word, thanks for the info Caz. I'm going to try and make it Nov 27th as well and I invited some ppl too. Hit me up on FB.
Casimir
user 9713734
Schaumburg, IL
Post #: 3
Sweet deal. Actually, I'm not on Facebook...So I can't click the link or RSVP or anything. Can someone shoot me all the info via email or something (date / time / location)? Can you consider this message to be my RSVP? So many questions...