Thursday Night Ultimate Pickup
Please check in frequently as the location and times will likely change a bit as we figure out which fields we can use.
We are back at Virginia Highlands Park (next to Pentagon City Mall), but may try to move Eads Park if we can manage it. It's a better field, but we might be competing with soccer and/or permitted activities. Check here weekly until we establish a regular cadence for the games.
A few ground rules:
- Frisbee is on rain or shine. People always show up. Please don't ask on the site if people are playing because it's raining. The meetup is on regardless, whether people show up is up to them.
- Beginners are welcome; this meetup is for all skill levels. Experienced players should expect to help teach newer players the basics.
- New attendees to this meetup, regardless of skill level, should be conscious that there are many regulars that play in this game and should take time to get acquainted with the style of play and the people at the game.
- This is a casual, friendly pickup game. Please do come with the expectation of the same intensity that you would find in a tournament.
- We play by 'Last Back' rules, but please be courteous and ensure that you are sharing field time with your fellow players.
And, as always, make sure to bring:
- LIGHT AND DARK Shirts
- Cones (if you have them)
- A Frisbee
- Bug Spray
- $1 to help pay for the Meetup.com site fees