February 9, 2011 · 6:30 PM
Please join us for the February 9 Ultra Light Startups event on Engineering Viral Media.
Please note that we do charge admission for Ultra Light Startups events - but for various reasons we do not use the Meetup.com payment system. The price is $20 (Early Bird) or $30 (Last Minute). Both Early Bird and Last Minute tickets are limited
View Full Event Details
Engineering Viral Media
- What does it mean for media to be viral?
- Why does certain content “go viral” while other content does not?
- Can virality be deliberately “engineered” into a website or does it only happen by chance?
- What are the essential principles of user behavior, media, and technology for making content viral?
- How is virality measured? What metrics are worth tracking?
- Examples of startups successfully “engineered” to go viral
- Which social networks, API’s and services are most useful in engineering virality?
- And much more…
Panelists (alphabetic order):
- Greg Galant, CEO of Sawhorse Media
- Adam Pennenberg, Professor of Journalism at NYU, Author of Viral Loop
- Jonah Peretti, Co-Founder of BuzzFeed and Huffington Post
- Michael Yavonditte, Founder & CEO of Hashable and Tracked.com