Nov 14, 2012 · 6:30 PM
You must purchase tickets on Eventbrite ($20/$30):
Pizza/soda provided for all attendees
Future Energy is a series of events that connects entrepreneurs, researchers, and private investors in the energy and clean-tech industries to develop and commercialize radical solutions to the world’s energy challenges.
The format at Future Energy is identical to our typical Investor Feedback Forum events, but all the startups and investors are in energy technology.
- Step change in Energy demand – In coming decades, the world will need huge amounts of energy to support population and economic growth and improve standards of living. We expect the global demand for energy will double by 2050.
- Supply will struggle to keep pace – Energy supply from all sources will struggle to keep up with demand. There will be continued dependence on fossil fuels such as oil, gas and coal and we will also need rapid growth in renewables.
- Environmental stresses are increasing – Energy needs to be produced in environmentally and socially responsible ways. Environmental stresses from producing and using energy are increasing. There is an urgent need for low carbon technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Conventional oil and gas exploration, recovery, and extraction
- Non-conventional oil and gas
- Alternative and renewable energy (solar, wind, hydrogen, biofuels, geothermal, etc.)
- Renewable and bio-based chemicals
- Mobility / smart mobility
- Energy efficiency / smart grid
- Energy finance and trading
- 6:30pm – Pizza, networking and introductions
- 6:45pm – Investor Feedback Forum – 8 energy and cleantech startups pitch to an investor panel; the panel provides actionable advice for each presentation
- 8:15pm – Pitch Showdown - audience voting via Twitter; winners announced and prizes awarded
- 8:30pm – Drinks at nearby location