Announcing a new Meetup for Ultra Light Startups!What
: The Email MafiaWhen
: Thursday, November 4,[masked]:30 PMWhere
1290 6th Avenue 6th floor
New York, NY 10104
Please join us for the November 4 Ultra Light Startups event on The Email Mafia
Please note that we do charge admission for Ultra Light Startups events
- but for various reasons we do not use the Meetup.com payment system. The price is $20 (Advance
) or $30 (Last Minute
ticket sales close at midnight on Monday the week of the the event or when they sell out. Last Minute tickets sales close when these tickets are sold out.View Full Event DetailsPurchase TicketsThe Email Mafia
This event reveals the secrets of running a highly profitable, highly scalable, bootstrapped media business with email as the distribution platform. Each of the four panelists has founded a profitable email-based startup and will share the secrets to his success. This event got its name from a series of blog posts (here, here, and here) profiling the pioneers of email-driven startups. Entrepreneurs who have used email to create businesses such as HARO, Startup Digest, Daily Candy, etc are known as The Email Mafia. This panel is targeted at a) founders of email-based startups and b) anyone seeking to make more effective use of email marketing.
- Who are these email-based media startups and why are they so profitable?
- How did panelist Peter Shankman launch HARO and sell it for (reported) $20 million in two years with no external capital?
- Why email is such an effective distribution platform for bootstrapped startups?
- What types of content are most effective in email and how to create it?
- Secrets to growing your list fast
- Maintaining reader engagement ? open rates, click rates, social sharing, evangelism
- Revenue models for email startups ? what is most effective?
- Technology platforms for email (composition, distribution, analytics, etc)
- And much more...
Panelists (alphabetic order):
- Jason Baptiste, Founder of PadPressed Co-author of OnStartups.com
- Greg Cangialosi, CEO and Founder of Blue Sky Factory
- Chris McCann, CEO and Co-founder of Startup Digest
- Peter Shankman, Founder of Help A Reporter Out (HARO)
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/ultralightstartups/calendar/15228082/