Announcing a new Meetup for Ultra Light Startups!What
: Web Design for StartupsWhen
: Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:30 PMWhere
1290 6th Avenue 6th floor
New York, NY 10017
Please join us for the August 5 Ultra Light Startups event on Web Design for Startups
Please note that we do charge admission for Ultra Light Startups events
- but for various reasons we do not use the Meetup.com payment system. The price is $20 (online) or $30 (at the door - cash only). Online registration closes at noon the day before the event or when advance tickets sell out.
To secure the lowest price for admission you must register online. We hope to see you there!View full event details about Web Design for StartupsPurchase Tickets
This event will:
- Provide an overview of essential design topics for web entrepreneurs
- Provide an overview of working at a startup for designers
- Connect designers and startups
- What are the essential web design disciplines and why is each important? - graphic/visual, interaction, information architecture, print, branding/identity, user experience, research, usability testing, etc.
- Examples of startups with successful web design. How were these design efforts staffed/resourced?
- Startup design prioritization - how to know which design tasks are essential at which point in a given startup.
- In-house vs. outsourcing design - can you find a designer to do everything? What are the costs of hiring a design firm?
- How to hire designers - recruiting founders, hiring design firms, terms.
- How to know if your web design is working. How to measure the effectiveness of web design.
- How is working at a startup different than working at a design firm?
Panelists (alphabetic order):
- Christopher Fahey, Principal, User Experience Director at Behavior Design
- Seth Giammanco, Principal, Technology Lead at Minds On Design Lab
- Dan Maccarone, Co-Founder at Hard Candy Shell
- Gloria Petron, President of the New York City Usability Professionals' Association
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com...