Unearth Ruby Message Board › HowAboutWe.com - Hiring CTO and Engineering Team
San Francisco, CA
Lead Developer / CTO - HowAboutWe.com
We’re seeking a top-notch developer to lead the HowAboutWe.com engineering team. (We are also hiring front- and back-end engineers to join the team...be in touch if these are roles that interest you.)
Who we are
HowAboutWe.com makes it easy and fun for people to go on awesome dates. We are the activity- and location-based dating site. How it works: 1) Say “How about we…” and fill in the dots with the dates you want to go on. 2) Connect. 3) Go out.
We’re located in New York City. We’re funded (Series A). We value off-the-charts ambition, innovative products that make a real difference in people’s lives, and having tons of fun.
Check us out on the July 4 front page of the New York Times Sunday Styles Section: http://nyti.ms/biUi0Q.... We’ve also recently been featured in Mashable, GQ, Time Out NY, Gawker, Nerve, etc.
Who we’re looking for
• An experienced developer seeking a key technical leadership role in a rapidly scaling start-up.
• Desired technical skills:
o complex database design
o recommendation algorithm / machine learning
o test-driven development / web standards
o rapid geographic (national, international) and demographic scaling
o data-driven funnel optimization
o API dev for mobile, social media apps, etc.
o social media integration and distribution
o formal CS training
• Our site is built in Rails with a MySQL database. Ideally, you’d have Rails experience; however, we are open to strong developers who would be excited to learn Rails.
• Desired soft-skills:
o Loves and understands our core product, its ethos and its potential
o Smart, creative, independent thinker who wants to collaborate around big ideas and then execute them with precision.
o Effective manager and communicator – able to build and lead a bad-ass, highly-agile engineering team
o Off-the-charts work ethic and commitment level
o Driven and ambitious – looking for a true win
o Start-up experience
o Engagement with the Rails community / start-up community
• Location: We’re in NYC. Our offices are in Dumbo. We are not looking for remote developers, but are open to supporting relocation for very strong candidates.
• When: Now
• Salary, Equity, Benefits: Competitive – to be discussed.
• Send a resume/CV and cover letter to Aaron Schildkrout (Co-CEO) at aaron at howaboutwe dot com. Please include links to current projects.