Union Square Reading Group Message Board › Vig Bar on the 1st

Vig Bar on the 1st

Ion F.
ionFreeman
Brooklyn, NY
We're sticking with the Vig Bar for the 1st. I don't want you questioning whether you should finish Middlemarch.

I closed the poll on BookCourt. Three-quarters of respondents were pro-Brooklyn, but HousingWorks may be a possibility as well. We'll make a decision Tuesday after next. I'm having some work done next Friday, so I may skip the Meetup, depending on how my recovery goes. I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy for ten days, and Middlemarch counts. You have 9 days left to read it. If you start now, that's less than 100 pages a day.

If I'm not there, Francisco will lead book selection for January and February -- remembering that Frankenstein is our science fiction selection for the foreseeable future -- and Jim will push to a solution on the venue.

In re book selection, only Iris has actually recommended books that were not negotiated out of selection. I'd be perfectly happy reading Lord of the Flies and Heart of Darkness, but it'd be nice to see some participation: http://www.meetup.com/unionsquare/messages/boards/thread/15263482­

Happy Hallowe'en!

Ion