addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dallas Unity Group Message Board › Monthly Roundtable Discussions

Monthly Roundtable Discussions

Brennan P.
bpriest42
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
Hi Folks,

We would like to try something new for the Texas Unity Meetups. We want to find out how many of you would be interested in participating in Roundtable discussions hosted through Google hangouts?

Each Hangout would be about a particular topic in Game development. We would have a moderator to help get the discussion going and help keep it on target. We will try and have an expert on the topic for each discussion. We will be targeting the 1st Tuesday of each month for an early evening session. But the time is flexible.

So what do you think? Suggestions on topics?
Nathan S.
user 63778942
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
I think this would be a great idea! I would be in for sure. I would think topics could be near endless, but here are a couple I can think of off the top of my head:

effective AI strategies
low poly game asset creation
realistic monetization goals and strategies for small studios/individuals
game development pitfalls to avoid

These are just a few.
Brennan P.
bpriest42
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
I agree, there is an endless set of topics. Thanks for the suggestions. I want to make sure we are keeping it focused on what people want to talk about.

John Jelinek I.
user 13123843
Dallas, TX
We do stuff like this in my DevOps Live group, Hangouts make it really easy. I'd participate in something like this :)
Randall "texrat" A...
texrat
Keller, TX
Post #: 118
Sounds good!
Jim W.
user 22405551
Dallas, TX
For me the point of these industry events is to come sit with each other and have a beer over some game dev discussions. While getting a sitter and driving from Denton is a hassle for me I still prefer it over an impersonal virtual meetup.
Brennan P.
bpriest42
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
I totally understand that point of view. I enjoy having a drink and getting to talk face to face as well. The idea is not to replace the normal gathering of folks for the meetups. But to add a different experience. With the hangouts we will be able to have people from all over the state participate in the discussion.