align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Gardening Meetup Group Message Board › Plant Sale in May

Plant Sale in May

Gwyneth M.
user 8685690
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 5
For everyone who is interested in getting organic, heirloom and interesting plants for a good source, come to Wasatch Gardens on the 8th of May. Put it on your calendar:
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­------------------

Wasatch Community Gardens’ annual Plant Sale will be held on Saturday, May 8, featuring the wide range of unique, flavorful, heirloom vegetable and herb seedlings you can’t find anywhere else.

Gardeners both new and experienced are invited to support Wasatch Community Gardens and purchase a variety of delicious tomatoes to savor straight from the vine this summer.

Along with the heirloom tomatoes and unique vegetable varieties you've come to expect, a large collection of edible perennials, as well as drought tolerant and Utah native landscape plants will also be available.

Mark your calendar today - you won't want to miss this fun and exciting sale!

http://wasatchgardens...­
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­-----------------

Also, sign up for their newsletter for news about lots of great workshops and info.
A former member
Post #: 2
Do they typically sell out early? Do I need to be there right when they open?
A former member
Post #: 3
That was a fun sale. You definitely want to be there right when it opens.

When is everyone going to plant there tomatoes this year? I'm almost thinking of waiting until memorial day weekend. Do you think they'll be okay in the little pots till then? Also, can I get seeds from the tomatoes and plant them next year?
chris m.
user 10092614
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 1
That was a fun sale. You definitely want to be there right when it opens.

When is everyone going to plant there tomatoes this year? I'm almost thinking of waiting until memorial day weekend. Do you think they'll be okay in the little pots till then? Also, can I get seeds from the tomatoes and plant them next year?

I have planted 200 tomatoes in the last month. None of them froze to death but the ones from the last 3 days have continued growing and look perfect. I dug down deep enough to have the first leaves level with the dirt (6 to 8 inches) I also made a little hill around them to protect them from wind and keep them warm. cover them with a black garbage bag if it is going to get close to freezing again.. You would be surprised how warm it is under the dirt a few inches. Oh i also water with buried soaker hose so this might not be a good idea if you water lightly from the top. I sprouted these indoors 2 months ago all in the same dirt . Tomatoes are pretty strong i planted these all bare root witch shocks them and isn't recommended but i think I've only killed one or 2 out of all of them by breaking them . Next year i will only put one seed in each sprouting pot.