Gardening Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup Notes from the May 4th Meetup - Post Them Here!

Meetup Notes from the May 4th Meetup - Post Them Here!

Gwyneth McNeil
user 8685690
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 10
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hello All,

This discussion is for posting all your wonderful notes and thoughts and ideas last night's Meetup for all of us to share.

Post your resources, notes from the Meetup, and even thoughts you've based on something someone said at the meeting. It will help us all, and be FUN!

To start, I'm saying that after last night, I've decided to plant tomatillos this year. It's been a few years, and after the conversation last night, I was reminded about how wonderful they are. At the end of the season, I'd be happy to share my recipe for Green Salsa and the Chicken Enchiladas I use it on.

How about this thought: Near the end of the season, let's have a Meetup where we have a potluck and share food and recipes from our gardens. What do you think?

Remember the Plant Sale being put on by Wasatch Community Garden on May 8th, 8am - 1pm.. If you want to go, it will be at Rowland Hall: 720 S. Guardsman Way (1580 E.) I'm planning on going - Maybe I'll see you there!

Thanks for all your great input and participation. I'm already looking forward to the next Meetup.
A former member
Post #: 1
A great book on seed saving that came up during the meetup was: Seed to Seed by Suzanne Ashworth.

It was a pleasure sharing ideas with everyone. :)