Urban Bike and Social Club Message Board › Yosemite Trip?

Yosemite Trip?

A former member
Post #: 10
So I got offered to host a meetup in yosemite, I'm totally down, just wanna know how many people would actually go, I know the area really well could even bring rock climbing equipment if anyone wanted to try also a campsite or two would have to be reserved in head of time because of all the tourist, would be looking to do it mid to end of august. I know its kinda of late notice umm just let me know what ur ideas are so when can do this thanks
Arden
A former member
Post #: 5
This is a fantastic opportunity to see an amazing part of our country. I don't know anyone who's been there and not come back refreshed and inspired. To have a knowledgeable, personal biking/climbing guide is the kind of offer that doesn't come around often! Commercial tours are for the masses. They have to accommodate Aunt Millie (though we love her dearly) and children that would rather be on their PlayStations. This is more of a "by the people, for the people" event.
I won't make this trip because I'm preparing for a six week cyclo-tour. Anything less than that, and I'd be there in a heartbeat. It sounds like an event that will produce memories that will last a lifetime.
Thanks Arden, for "stepping up to the plate" and taking the reigns on this. -Hans
A former member
Post #: 11
A week later after I posted this and one response from the asst. organizer. Exactly why I'm just not going to do this.