Urban Bike and Social Club Message Board › Tour de Fat Festival of Bikes, Beer, and all things done better pedaling!

Tour de Fat Festival of Bikes, Beer, and all things done better pedaling!

jeremy c.
curranjeremy
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for Urban Bike and Social Club!

What: Tour de Fat Festival of Bikes, Beer, and all things done better pedaling!

When: Saturday, October 2, 2010 9:30 AM

Where: The "Big" Fountain
East end of the Prado, in Balboa Park
San Diego, CA 92101

So its New Belgium Brewery's infamously Tour de Fat this Saturday....you know what else it is, my BIRTHDAY!! well friday actually but lets not mince words shall we. So I am having a few friends over for kegs, er bloody mary's and eggs and reggea to warm up for the festivities (730am ish). We will then swing through Balboa park at the large fountian to pick up anyone whom wants to join us for the 10am sharp dress up party ride.

This is how the day plans out usuaully. 945am check in dressed up with bike and hopefully a few cold beers in tow for the bicycle party ride parade through uptown neighborhoods. This takes about an hour. Then back to the Balboa park Tour de Fat venue for all day concerts, beer, acrobats, and all things done cooler on a bike. All proceeds go to benefit the San Diego bicycle coalition and they are expecting 4,000 people or so to show up this year. This is not a joke, this is major fun!

If you have never heard of this event you definitely need to see
pictures...

http://www.newbelgium...­

For any you whom want the extra special kegs and eggs VI Bike invite figure out how to get ahold of my and give me your email and I'll send you the details!

Should be a great day all around, and I am sure Hans and I will still be wearing our Leiderhosen from Tuesday night!

Looking forward to seeing you!

Jeremy

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­