Drop into the Middlebrook Center and have a yummy lunch before our Fall Equinox Harvest Festival in the Evening. If people want to attend both events we can arrange a car pool from Middlebrook to our evening event. Make a day of it and celebrate the equinox in some very cool places. Hope to see you there!
The Middlebrook Center, home to CNGF and the ELSEE education program, invite you to a special day in celebration of the harvest and first day of autumn. At 10:00 a.m. the gates will open wide and all are invited to spend time with the interns, volunteers, partners and students in the ELSEE urban farm and native garden. Bring the children and the whole family for a fun day of activities and a special garden lunch served by some incredible people.
In the morning, you can enjoy these activities:
• Help us harvest the edibles growing throughout our garden.
• Get a personal tasting tour from one of our knowledgeable interns.
• Visit our farmers market area with freshly harvested and prepared foods from our garden.
• Collect seed pods from our native plants and take some home.
• Buy plants from our nursery.
• Do a crop exchange; bring in your home harvested fruits, vegetables, eggs, etc., and trade for some of our harvest.
• Talk to representatives from local CSA’s (community supported agriculture) and get signed up for weekly pick up service in our garden.
• Eat a most delicious garden lunch prepared by our talented interns.
• Hear a talk from Alrie Middlebrook founder of CNGF/ELSEE.
Socialize and build our community of forward thinking people.
For more information go to: http://middlebrookcenter.com/elsee/?tribe_events=elsee-garden-open-house-and-tasting-tour