align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Urban on a Budget! Message Board › Seattle Tomato Battle - 8/11/12 @ Pyramid Ale House ... Amazing Fun Last Year

Seattle Tomato Battle - 8/11/12 @ Pyramid Ale House ... Amazing Fun Last Year

Pruitt
JustPruitt
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 79
I created an event for another Meetup, but thought I would extend the invite to this group.

Seattle Tomato Battle – 8/11/12 @ Pyramid Ale House in Seattle

This was amazing fun last year! I just purchased my ticket for this event and thought I would create a Meetup for it. I’ve pasted the schedule for the event below as well as a link to buy your ticket. Discounted tickets are on sale today, 4/30. (I’m sure there will be other discounts leading up to the event, but I didn’t want to wait and potentially risk a sell-out.)

Tips:
• You can dress up if you want to – lots of people did last year. (I’m not sure if I will, but am up to persuasion.)
• Wear clothes you don’t mind ruining. (I was lucky in that all the tomato stains came out of my clothes, but you do get covered head to toe in tomatoes.)
• Bring eye wear like swimming goggles or a snorkeling mask.
• Towels, large garbage bags and a change of clothes are essential – looks like they may have showers this year, but you never know.
• Come with a sense of humor … You are going to get hit with a bunch of tomatoes and some of those will be a bit firm. (I don’t know anyone who got hurt, but there were definite times that you felt the hit.)
• Bring plastic baggies to protect your cell phones, wallets, keys and other important items.

Registration starts at noon, and if enough people are interested, I’ll set up a meeting location and send out my cell.

Schedule of Events for Saturday August 11, 2012:
• Noon Registration & Beer Garden Opens
• 1:00 p.m. Live Entertainment by TBD
• 3:30 p.m. Costume Contest
• 4:00 p.m. Tomato Battle Begins
• 4:30 p.m. Live Entertainment by TBD
• 6:00 p.m. Wash up and go home!

More info: http://tomatobattle.com­