USS Drakonia - SFI Star Trek Fan Club - Louisville Chapter Message Board › Operations - November Report

Operations - November Report

Scott O.
user 63223922
Louisville, KY
Post #: 14
On October 26, we had a costume party. There were approximately 10 in attendance counting Keith and April's children. We watched movies and played Star Trek scene it. There were many tasty treats that were brought in by attendees. Good time had by all. We will probably make this an annual event.

On November 10, we had our regular monthly meeting. There were 7 in attendance. All of our veterans were recognized and presented with a medal issued by the US Mint that recognized the Apollo space mission. I'd like to thank Tim Heilers, Jan Sleigh, and Keith Auspland once again for their service to our country. Several toys were collected for this phase of our Toys for Tots drive. Jan reported that the St. Mathews library is booked solid during our meeting time, so we will continue to meet at the downtown branch. Jan also encouraged everyone to join the online RPG at www.star-fleet.com. Mike mentioned that the Louisville Astronomy Society would be interested in doing a joint meetup with our STARFLEET chapter. After the meeting we went to a local cafe and had a good time chatting with each other over food and beverage.

I am taking donations to help with the costs associated with the meetup.com site which has been instrumental in bringing us together. Donations are voluntary and can be sent to my email account at scott64030@yahoo.com via www.paypal.com. We have no plans to start charging dues other than what is paid to SFI at this time.

Jeffrey Redmond received the Order of Babel award for recruiting 6 SFI members into our chapter. He has actually recruited several more non-SFI members.

Keith Auspland was presented the Garth Order of Tactics award for putting his life on the line in combat operations while serving in our military to protect the rights, freedom, and ideals of liberty and justice. We are proud to have him and his wife as new members.

LL&P,
CAPT Samuel "Scott" Osborne
Commanding Officer
USS Drakonia NCC-1657