Free event: To RSVP email : [masked]
Salt Palace Convention Center (100 South West Temple) Salt Lake City, Room 151
Time: 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. -- Registration and networking (Name badges will be ready for you to pick up)2:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Consortium meeting
Parking: Free parking will be available at the Salt Palace. Simply provide parking attendants with the password “2040”. Access parking via 200 South near 200 West.
Transit: UTA is offering free transit day passes are available at the following locations:
• Utah Transit Authority – 669 W. 200 S.
• Envision Utah – 254 S. 600 E.
• Wasatch Front Regional Council – 295 N. Jimmy Doolittle Road
• Keynote Speakers:
o Charles Marohn – Strong Towns, Executive Director
o Jeff Speck – Speck and Associates, Principal
• Breakout Sessions:
o Consortium Conversations: Roundtable discussions with featured organizations on topics that relate to growth around the region.
o Envision Tomorrow Plus (ET+) User Group Session: Welcoming all with an interest in ET+ training sessions and user group activities.
Consortium Conversations (held the final hour)
• Active Transportation and Health Planning Opportunities: Shawn Teigen/ Bike Utah and Brett McIff/Utah Department of Health
• Moving the Air Quality Needle: Christine Osborne/UCAIR and Erin Mendenhall/Breathe Utah
• Intergenerational Poverty and the Link with Housing: Tracy Gruber& Karen Crompton /Voices for Utah Children and Tara Rollins/Utah Housing Coalition
• Open Space Preservation and Quality of Life: Wendy Fisher/Utah Open Lands
• Water Conservation in the Face of Population Growth: Bart Forsyth/Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District
Wasatch Choice for 2040 Awareness Survey
To give input prior to the meeting, you can click this link to take an 8-question survey.