This month’s meetup will be held on Wednesday at 7pm @ Mojo Themes
In June, we covered many of the ways anyone can contribute back to WordPress without being a programmer including documentation, translations, beta testing, and support. This month, we’re going to dig into the code, and cover the best and fastest ways to report bugs within WordPress, and to contribute new code improvements.
In this presentation, we will cover:
• Checking out WordPress from SVN and generating patches
• Using Trac, the WordPress issue tracker
• WordPress Coding Standards
• Effective team communication (getting your patch the attention it deserves)
• Contributing code beyond basic bug fixes and small improvements
New This Month
We’re trying to make the meet up more accessible to beginners as well as more advanced users of WordPress so this month we will hold a short Q/A session for beginners at the first of the meeting, and in the following months we will hopefully have beginning presentations in the following months so please suggest topics you’d like to learn about.
This month’s meeting will be held at Mojo Themes
12159 S. Business Park Dr. Suite #160
Draper, UT 84020