London UX Bookclub Message Board › GoodReads

GoodReads

Leisa R.
LeisaReichelt
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 5
I know a few of us have active accounts on GoodReads - I think it would be lots of fun (and motivation perhaps) to watch each other make progress with whichever book we're supposed to be reading for Bookclub. If you're into that kind of thing, then consider joining and making friends (virtually) with fellow bookclubbers there.

Perhaps we could even get organised and set up a UXBCLDN group on there?!

Oh, and no, I'm not on commission! :)
Andri M.
themoll
Tallinn, EE
Post #: 1
Why not Shelfari or LibraryThing? Or perhaps some others? 8-)
Leisa R.
LeisaReichelt
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 6
Obviously you can use whichever if these you prefer - as I said in my post, a few of us already have accounts over at GoodReads. This is not an 'official' book club activity, just mentioning it in case you're interested.

Although, since you asked, I have accounts at almost all of the similar networks including those you mention and GR is the only place I found friends who were actively using the service.
Andri M.
themoll
Tallinn, EE
Post #: 2
I was actually also evaluating them to pick one for personal use. So I was partly curious if you had any other reason than social to pick GR.

From an UX perspective, IMO, all three are fairly terrible. Very little activity centered design.
Alexander B.
futureshape
London, GB
Post #: 2
If you do sign up to GoodReads, make sure you don't get tricked by their friend spam technique:

http://www.90percento...­
Andri M.
themoll
Tallinn, EE
Post #: 3
If you do sign up to GoodReads, make sure you don't get tricked by their friend spam technique:

http://www.90percento...­

As far as I've seen on the net, Shelfari behaved similarly.