UX Boston Message Board Boston area Jobs › Seeking Designer contractor at hot startup Main and Me. I'm recruiting for them

Seeking Designer contractor at hot startup Main and Me. I'm recruiting for them

Marsh S.
MarshSutherland
Spokane, WA
Post #: 448
My client Main & Me engaged me to find a Designer contractor for them.

They are a super hot startup looking to hire someone for a 1 – 3 month contract.

Below is founder James’ write-up.

If you’re interested, then please email me your latest resume, portfolio site, and contracting rate.

My email is msutherland@waldenrecruiting.com

• It's gonna be huge. We have major cities that are just waiting to use us.
• We're going to invite people to be beta users at three upcoming national conferences: National Main Streets, American Independent Business Alliance and Business Alliance for Local Living Economies
• The web app is largely built and we are using Phonegap to create Apple and Android app. All will be ready in 5 weeks.
• This is ground zero: 100% owned by us with equity to share as we see fit
• investors will be killing each other to fund when they see traction we will acquire quickly through these national buy local member channels
• They can check us out at:
o mainandme.com (landing page and blog)
o facebook.com/mainandme
o @mainandme (twitter)
o pinterest.com/mainandme
o mainandmestaging-herokuapp.com
• can start immediately
• initial engagement--1-3 months (?) to do web app and phone app as seen on heroku
• design to be blend of screenshot attached plus Pinterest plus who knows what?
• Has to feel fresh, original, authentic and indie but needs timeless cleanliness, too
• This is gonna be huge.
• tell them to read "How Main and Me Works" and other posts at www.mainandme.com/blog

Criteria:

1. Must be lover and/or intelligent critic of Pinterest (while totally getting why it works)
2. Must be online shopper
3. Must understand and/or have buy local passion (and "get" what that passion means to others)
4. Must have beautiful "indie" sense of design, while still being timeless and at least as "feminine" as Pinterest
5. Must have track record of things we can look at and enthusiatic references
6. No equity offer b.s. Straight up money (unless they do want to discuss equity)
7. Can work from anywhere but will be in-person meeting once/week
8. Must be patient in hearing our ideas,
9. Must be thick-skinned in having ideas discussed at length and possibly rejected
10. Must be available

Marsh Sutherland
President
Walden Recruiting
We Grow Your Startup™
Come see how at waldenrecruiting.com

(877) 8 WALDEN Ext 2 (Voice/Fax)
(877) 892-5336 Ext 2
msutherland@waldenrecruiting.com