This is a unique opportunity. At Monderer Design we provide corporate identity, branding, print, event, website and interactive design services to our clients, to help them communicate their messages effectively and with purpose. We are a small, well-established design firm and are exploring adding a website designer / front end developer to our collaborative team, who would also like to get involved with branding and print (70% websites; 30% branding, identity design and print). This is a full-time job. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, hard working, creative and loves to write clean and efficient code. Candidates must have a background and education in design, with exceptional typography, a thorough understanding of visual hierarchy, and a passion for designing for web.
Knowledge, experience and technical skills:
• 4+ years of front-end website / developer experience
• A Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Portfolio showcasing professional website, print and branding design expertise
• Able to create custom websites from start to finish
• Strong aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of what makes a truly great interactive experience
• A demonstrated understanding of color, typography and image manipulation and preparation
• Proficient in relevant software packages including Adobe Creative Suite
• Good knowledge of CMS systems (Expression Engine, Drupal, WordPress) and SEO
• Experience with Responsive Web Design
• Can test and develop across multiple browsers and maintain consistency
• Working knowledge with both Mac & Windows environments
• Knowledge of video editing software and video compression a plus.
Personal skills and attributes:
• Strong communicator, sense of humor, personable, play well with others, enjoy work
• Keen to learn, with a willingness to broaden skill set across all Design competencies
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and perform
• Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain open, honest and trusting relationships
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to demonstrate initiative
• Passionate and enthusiastic
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (health, pension/profit sharing), along with a commitment to a healthy life/work balance. We are located near Porter Square in Cambridge. Preference is for people who are already in the greater Boston area.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your resume, cover letter and interactive portfolio to email@example.com. No phone calls please.