UX Champaign-Urbana (CU) Message Board › Beyond Books

Beyond Books

Jeremy F.
Accuraty
Champaign, IL
Post #: 4
Not sure if there is a way (or desire) to work this in to the group or meetings, but I read a lot of articles and there are many that I greatly enjoy, get a lot out of, and sometimes think would be worth discussing.

As a one off, here is a decent example:
Taming Comlexity by Simon Collison

I would be very interested in finding out about articles in the UX/UI/Design space that others felt were worth more than there weight in words.

Cheers! - Jeremy
Daniel N.
user 15809521
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
I agree, Jeremy, and we did talk about this briefly as a possibility -- maybe replacing a full book for one month, or in an additional (separate) event. There are a lot of short-form pieces that are very good (and potentially, more timely) that could merit discussion. I think having 3-4 articles arranged around a similar topic could be one way to do this... any other ideas?

Possibly, this could be a good fit for March/April, since we're already scheduled to do Design for Hackers in February.
John
gnferranti
Monticello, IL
Post #: 4
Happy New Year!

I have been researching asp.net controls this weekend and have been off on a couple tangents that led me to some interesting articles @ http://uxdesign.smash...­