UX Champaign-Urbana (CU) Message Board › Suggestions for August Meetup Readings

Suggestions for August Meetup Readings

Daniel N.
user 15809521
Washington, DC
Post #: 7
For our August meetup, we're going to read and discuss 3-5 medium- to long-form articles. We're looking for a mix of UX-related articles on a wide variety of topics. Articles can be from blogs, websites, or scholarly sources, but should be of a sufficient depth to allow meaningful conversation. Ideally, it'd be great to have at least a couple pieces that are very topical in nature (e.g. Topics that are so hot/new that there are few or no books published about them yet).

Please make your suggestions now! Ideally, we'll pick the final reading list by next Wednesday (7/18) so that we can give you enough time to read them before our August 6th meetup.
Daniel N.
user 15809521
Washington, DC
Post #: 8
A really good, really hot topic that I'm currently reading about is UX considerations for voice input / text-to-speech. For instance, here's an article that just came out today on this subject: "Talking to Machines and Being Heard : Getting Started With Speech Recognition"
Daniel N.
user 15809521
Washington, DC
Post #: 9
Scott Kubie says:
"How about presentation decks? Adapting Ourselves to Adaptive Content by Karen McGrane is a great presentation deck that includes all the author's notes, and there's not really a book on it yet."
Ken H.
globalnetken
Mattoon, IL
Post #: 2
Hello Daniel
I have a few PDF's possible for discussion at the upcoming UX meetup
The User Experience.pdf
Web design Journal.pdf
Evolution Strategy Web Semantic.pdf
Just visit one of my sites below
http://www.global-net...­

and the selection of PDF's will be available for download
Let me know if you were able to access and retrieve the PDF's.
Thanks Ken