<6:00pm - 7:00pm: Happy Hour and Networking>
7:00pm - 7:15pm: Group Updates
7:15pm ~ 9pm: Kevin's Presentation
9:00pm - 9:30pm: Prizes and More Networking - (A New Prize Format)
Kevin's Presentation Synopsis:
Introduction to Windows 8 and WinRT
- What is Windows 8 and what differs it from Windows 7?
- What are the new features that you as a developer can leverage?
- Why should you care about Windows 8?
- What exactly is the Windows Runtime (WinRT) about and how does it makes sense in Windows 8's bigger picture?
- Which programming languages and frameworks can you choose from to develop Windows 8 applications?
- What is .NET's role in this new world?
- What are the limitations of the WinRT platform?
- A HUGE SURPRIZE AT THE END OF THE SESSION! YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!
Kevin Stumpf works as a Senior Software Engineer for Interknowlogy and holds a B.Sc. in Business Informatics.
He is native of Germany and moved to beautiful San Diego in January 2012.
In his current role at Interknowlogy, Kevin develops various enterprise WinRT and WPF applications and speaks at multiple events.
He is passionate about clean code and the design of scalable software architectures. In recent years he has eagerly followed the latest advancements in the Web world and enjoyed developing different HTML5 / JS applications.
Besides his passion for writing code, he writes blog posts about WinRT / WPF and architecture related topics.
In addition, he is currently developing a development framework for WinRT, which enables developers to comfortably engineer MVVM applications for Windows 8.
Prior to his arrival in the USA, he had worked as an independent Software Consultant and WPF Coach since 2007 in several different cities in Germany and Austria.
Look how Interknowlogy promotes us on their home page!
My apologies for all the changes to this meeting, but when you hear the surprize at the end it will all be worth it!