vSharePoint - Victoria SharePoint Users Group Message Board › SharePoint Administration

SharePoint Administration

John F.
user 17309391
Victoria, BC
Post #: 2
I am looking for feedback from anyone who may have experience with various products to ease the burden of administration and auditing for SharePoint 2007 and 2010 environments.
Gwenerally if you know where MS may be going with this or have 3rd party product experience i am interested in your views
j
Sean W.
user 10361686
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 13
I am looking for feedback from anyone who may have experience with various products to ease the burden of administration and auditing for SharePoint 2007 and 2010 environments.
Gwenerally if you know where MS may be going with this or have 3rd party product experience i am interested in your views
j

Hi John,
Lots of players in this space but the ones I hear about most are Axceler, idera and quest. They all make similar tools. Quest has been doing it for a long time but are probably most expensive, Axceler has a tool that I've heard some folks say they like but they have really aggressive salespeople (expect to be hounded) and Idera makes some slick looking stuff but are fairly new to the space.

The best approach will be reviewing what you need the tool to do and doing an evaluation to see the best fit. There are probably others but I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
Sean