vSharePoint - Victoria SharePoint Users Group Message Board › Hiring for Intermediate/ Senior Sharepoint Developer
|A former member||
CGI is looking to hire an Intermediate/ Senior Sharepoint Developer in Victoria.
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI, a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in Victoria BC to provide leading IT services to our local clients. We are looking for an intermediate/ Senior Sharepoint Developer to work as part of our development team.
- Creating and administering sites;
- Managing site security, security groups;
- Able to recommend solutions and strategies and utilize SharePoint 2007 “out-of-the-box” without coding customizations;
- Knowledge of “best practices” for using SharePoint 2007
- Customization of lists, libraries, sites, views
- Exporting out-of-box web parts (like content query web part) for customization in SP Designer – for example to create new views or functionality for displaying news articles;
- SharePoint Designer 2007
- Customize master pages
- Customize page layouts
- Develop and modify workflows against lists, document libraries
- Modify web parts (some XSLT, can navigate through code)
- Customizing branding through CSS stylesheets for both themes and master pages
- Backing up and restoring sites
- Experience required with SQL Server, .NET
- Understanding/exposure to ASP.NET, C# , Web Graphics
- Implementing SharePoint solutions, able to document implementation plans, understands and can implement back out procedures.
- Preparing detailed and accurate specifications and estimates.
- Atleast 3-5 years experience with SharePoint 2007 /2010
- Strong understanding of .NET
- Knowledge/exposure to XML, XSLT
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate to both technical and non-technical people
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work on either application maintenance or development engagements
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
If this position interests you, please e- mail your resume to
Senior Recruitment Specialist