Stacy
Steacy
Group Organizer
Benicia, CA
Post #: 34
Diane and all, I belong to several East Bay homesteading groups that have fought hard to revise the codes in places like Oakland and Berkeley. I shall ask them for advice. Oakland has gotten fairly lenient with it's code, while Berkeley still remains fairly stubborn, but yet, they still allow a limited number of chickens.

This is a good topic for our monthly meeting.

Edited to add: I asked for advice on my Facebook page. Diane, do you need any eggs?
Stacy
Steacy
Group Organizer
Benicia, CA
Post #: 35
Diane, I have a resource for you: The Sustainable Economies Law Center

https://www.facebook....­
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 41
Just opened a Face book Page Called. What The Cluck?! Trying to get the word out to vacaville Folks who are not aware of our situation. feel free to like and share with your friends. The Petition is also on the page so if you could encourage others to sign it that could also be beneficial.
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 42
Julia T.
user 5033405
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 76
Diana, you don't happen to live on north Alamo do you? That's were I was and there is a neighbor lady who said she was willing to do anything to get rid of all the chickens in vv. Even if they weren't bothering anyone just because.
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 43
No live on the south side. but interesting. I used to hear chicken noises from a few other houses and a rooster( that has been a staple around here for many years) that I don't hear any more. Maybe she widened her target area.
Stacy
Steacy
Group Organizer
Benicia, CA
Post #: 37
Well, we will just have to be a greater force than she! May the Schwartz be with us!
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 45
Met with a few very on the ball ladies last week. One has been very proactive with talking with the city council. We are going to meet again to see what action we should take ie... how forceful we should be with the council. I will keep you all posted on our discussions. I am feeling very positive about the situation.
Ken & S.
user 53215832
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 21
I saw this post on backyard chickens. Maybe someone can update them on the best way to go based on what is happening now.

Chicken question
Jennifer
user 28081942
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 18
Hi Sharon -

Thanks for the heads up. I just joined Backyard Chickens & posted a comment. Let her (I assume it's a her) know that we are working on it, gave a link to What the Cluck & our group & also asked her to sign the petition.

I find it interesting that someone posted a comment pertaining to the $840.00 fine someone received in Vacaville (another post on that site), on 09/19/12, directing the person receiving the fine needed to contact Harris, that "She wants to help and doesn't believe you should be fined or have to get rid of your beloved chickens! Yay!" (copied & pasted from their post). HUM!

Jen