addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Vacaville Homesteading and Backyard Gardening Guild Message Board Vacaville Homesteading and Backyard Gardening Guild Discussion Forum › Can anyone ID this thing? Also, more tomato starts for anyone still interested.

Can anyone ID this thing? Also, more tomato starts for anyone still interested.

Jennifer
user 28081942
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 14
Hi everyone -

Ok, so you already know that I either didn't cook my compost long enough or hot enough, so I've got all kinds of stuff that has popped up, including this thing (please look at my photos - it's the 2nd one - again, I'm not computer literate & I can't seem to link). I'm assuming it could be from mixed greens, but they have never gotten this big before.

Also, I've got quite a few more tomato starts for anyone interested. I know it's a little late in the season, but you still might get quite a few tomatoes from these.

Let me know!

Jen

Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 46
ok so maybe im worse with computers than you. how do I open the photos? and yes if you bring some starts thursday I will take them
Diana
Jennifer
user 28081942
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 15
Hi Diana -

No, trust me, it's just me. I should have been more clear. If you click on my pic that shows up with the message, it will take you to my "page". If you click on the photos, you will see it on the 2nd one. It's the largest thing on the pic. Green with red veins. It's pretty cool looking.

Thanks for taking some starts. I'll be sure to bring some & maybe others will want some too.

I'm going to have some strawberry starts real soon too, not from composting debacles, from plants sending off tons of runners. If anyone wants any of those, please let me know.
Robert
user 46387302
Fairfield, CA
Post #: 2
Hi. It's from the mustard family. Looks like red mustard. https://www.google.co...­
Michael Q.
user 71042422
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 3
Hi Jen!

Do you till have starts? or did you trash them? I have a few spots I cleared out I'd like to try some late tomatoes...

thanks!
Michael
Jennifer
user 28081942
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 16
Hi. It's from the mustard family. Looks like red mustard. https://www.google.co...­
Hi Robert -

Thanks for the ID, it must either be wild or came in a mixed green pack. I'm assuming it's wild because I don't ever recall seeing this before in the mixed greens & they generally aren't left to go to seed. Interesting!

Jen
Jennifer
user 28081942
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 17
Hi Jen!

Do you till have starts? or did you trash them? I have a few spots I cleared out I'd like to try some late tomatoes...

thanks!
Michael
Hi Michael -

Yes, I've still got starts. I am bringing a bunch to the meeting on Thursday. Will you be there? If not, let me know how many you think you want. I've probably got at least 20 more. Also, if you aren't going to make the meeting, let me know what evenings could work for you for pick up. Obviously, I'm busy Thursday night & I am not sure what evening I need to run to Vallejo yet, but that is probably going to be Saturday.

Thanks -

Jen
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 47
Yup Robert has it correct. And they reseed very easy. See you all tomorrow.