Hercel S.
user 58115482
Tempe, AZ
Post #: 5
Greg M.
user 10196671
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 170
I've been telling people that ammo and component availability won't return to 'normal' until at least the end of this year perhaps this time next year. I'll run out of handgun powder long before that and primers before the end of the year. It maybe a bad thing but I do hope the hoarders all lose their jobs after things return to 'normal' and are stuck with overpriced ammo and components, losing money because it'll be their only source of income. It is not the government's fault they are ignorant, arrogant or fascist, it is entirely the voters' fault for electing them to begin with. Yes, even the losing Party's supporters fault.
Greg M.
user 10196671
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 171
I've been telling people that ammo and component availability won't return to 'normal' until at least the end of this year perhaps this time next year. I'll run out of handgun powder long before that and primers before the end of the year. It maybe a bad thing but I do hope the hoarders all lose their jobs after things return to 'normal' and are stuck with overpriced ammo and components, losing money because it'll be their only source of income. It is not the government's fault they are ignorant, arrogant or fascist, it is entirely the voters' fault for electing them to begin with. Yes, even the losing Party's supporters fault.
Richard
user 10888363
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 56
If anyone has any 9mm HPR for $23 or less, let me know
Jim H
user 20556321
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 38
IF this is supply and demand, since there is NOT a world wide shortage of components, WHY has the Russian ammo stop being imported?
Jon
user 5188877
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 4
Its being imported but it takes time to go though customs.. You can tell when containers make it though customs since everyone and there brother has wolf for sale.. Since everyone is in a panic it sells fast and at a high price.

Look at AIM surplus just blew though a few pallets of wolf 762 and 9mm last week.. Today and wed they are going though containers of 5.45.

The same amount of ammo is coming in as usual people are just more aware of it since they are out of ammo and trying to purchase it.

Jim H
user 20556321
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 39
"Trickle" down deliveries, but NOT normal.
There are too many brands and too little ammo to believe they still get the same size shipments they used to.
Sure Walmart gets some Tula, and Aim and Wideners gets some Wolf. There used to be 500 round cases for sale, everywhere. Just like the last time there was a run on ammo. Nope, not this time. The M1 Garands from Korea have been stopped by Obama. IF this was really supply and demand, where are Silver Bear, Brown Bear, Golden Tiger etc.
We are being pinched. This is a bubble created by the government and when it pops it will be ugly; then again, maybe they won't pop it until everyone is broke.
Last shortage, we heard about the lack of raw materials. Not a peep this time.
Greg M.
user 10196671
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 172
Its being imported but it takes time to go though customs.. You can tell when containers make it though customs since everyone and there brother has wolf for sale.. Since everyone is in a panic it sells fast and at a high price.

Look at AIM surplus just blew though a few pallets of wolf 762 and 9mm last week.. Today and wed they are going though containers of 5.45.

The same amount of ammo is coming in as usual people are just more aware of it since they are out of ammo and trying to purchase it.

More than just that, they are buying every round that they can get their hands which deprives others an opportunity to purchase some. Then these creatures turn around and sell it at jacked up prices all the while preaching about how short ammo is to get people feeling desperate and willing to pay jacked up prices. I refuse to be played by whomever is behind all this and it is not just Obama nor the Democrats. I refuse to be played into running here and there in desperate hopes of scoring a couple boxes of ammo or powder or primers. I do have some pride left.
Greg M.
user 10196671
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 173
My wife and I talked about this recently, it seems this is a repeat of 2009. When it happened in 2009 no one lost any Rights but the obscene pricing and lack of availability of ammo and components last almost an entire year. This time appears to be no different. Certainly there is spotty knee jerk reactions like in NY and Colo and over time they will all be found to be unfounded hysteria. For me, I'm not going to allow myself to be played by the governments, by the hoarders. I'm going to shoot less and less often, so be it but I'm not going to run here and there in perhaps vain hopes of scoring some ammo or components. I'm simply going to ride this out until things return to 'normal' (whatever that is) and when supplies are replenished restock and wait for the next wave to hit about October 2014.
Dave N.
user 73966912
Tempe, AZ
Post #: 2
IF this is supply and demand, since there is NOT a world wide shortage of components, WHY has the Russian ammo stop being imported?

Having a now deceased friend that was involved with importing military surplus. There are always risks involved after the goods have been paid for and are at sea. I can understand with the political climate an importer may not want to risk big bucks. By bureaucratic decree as what happened with Clinton and Chinese ammo. Some bureaucrat might decide for example, no more assault rifle ammo. Another risk is clearing customs. A custom's official might say it looks like armor piercing or some other silly excuse. Forcing the importer to pay storage rent awaiting clearance by ATF or another agency when they can get around to actually inspect and approve it. My friend had problems because a paranoid customs inspector questioned the legality of importing gas masks. Consequently they sat on his entire shipment for apx 90 days.