We request a profile picture before you will be allowed to attend your first event.
Aggressive behaviour or language will NOT be tolerated and are grounds for immediate removal from the group.
Never shot a bow before? Haven't done it since high school or summer camp but wanted to for a long time? This is your opportunity!
Attend one of the Newbie Nights for some quick training and then you can come out for the Regular Night.
are generally for members who have shot a bow before and attended one of the Newbie Nights.
Please arrive early, so you can be fitted with your equipment. The professional instructors will determine your left or right-eye dominance and select the best equipment to suit your strength and draw.
After the instructor reviews the basic safety rules with everyone, you'll be making Swiss cheese of your paper target.
Enjoy 2 hours of shooting indoors over progressive distances and at the end of the event, you can take your perforated target home as a souvenir!
• We request your first name and a profile photo of you before you attend your first event with us.
• The Lanes will only allow 14 shooters per event maximum therefore no guests unless they are signed up with the group.
• Archery Group events are for over 19 years of age and older.
• Neither The Royal City Archery Lanes nor Vancouver Archery Meetup Group is responsible for your safety
• Aggressive behaviour or language will NOT be tolerated and are grounds for immediate removal from the group.
• $25 cash payable to The Royal City Archery Lanes.
• $1 dropped in the 50/50 Draw tin to support the Vancouver Archery Group website.
You may use your own recurve or compound bow and arrows. NO crossbows or broadheads.
• Toward the end of the evening we hold a 50/50 Draw and award someone with half of what we collect that evening. Woohoo!
• We often draw for additional non-monetary prizes. Prize donations are always welcome!
• The Lanes are transit accessible from nearby Braid Station (20 minute walk, uphill) and Sapperton Station (6 minute walk north from Columbia Hospital)
• Use 426 Columbia Street EAST to plan your trip with BCTranslink's website.
• Look for the silver door on the EAST side of the street, two doors along from Boormans Archery and across from The Fireside Pub.
• Check out where we are on Google Street Map.
• Free street parking is available after 8 pm.
• CARPOOL requests or offers go in your RSVP. Include where you are willing to meet or pick up. Contact other members directly to make arrangements. Be courteous and on time.
• We understand 'life happens.' If you need to change your RSVP please do it as soon as you know so someone can take your place (please remove yourself from waiting list too if you think you won't make it at all).
• No-Shows hold us all up and prevent someone who would like to come from attending. Therefore, if you are a 3-time No-Show you may be bumped from future events if someone reliable wants your spot.
• You can reach us Friday after 8 pm at The Lanes [masked]) and we appreciate your courtesy if you are running late or can't make it after all.
• If we cancel an event, we'll email everyone who RSVPs Yes and cross it off the calendar.
After our events we often go across to The Fireside Pub for a tasty beverage and some interesting chat.
C'mon out for some fun archery practice. We know once you get started, you'll be back for more!