The Vancouver Archery Meetup Group Message Board › Just a reminder to all Archery Group members

Just a reminder to all Archery Group members

Rina
user 3929613
North Vancouver, BC
We look forward to welcoming you to our weekly Archery events. Be aware that the first Friday of each month is for Newbies Night; anyone over 19 who has not shot with us at The Lanes is welcome to attend*. Once you have attended one Newbies Night, you are welcome to sign up for any of the other events posted each Friday for the rest of the month.

*Please be aware that you are required to post a photo of yourself before attending your first event. We insist on it for safety reasons and it's clearly stated on our About page as well as in every event posting.
If, for any reason, you absolutely can't post a photo before your first event with us, please contact one of the organizers well in advance of the event you hope to sign up for. Do not leave it to the last day or we will bump you from the event and let someone on the Waiting List who has posted a photo take your place.

If you don't post a photo or contact us you will NOT be permitted to attend the event even as an observer as we are limited for occupancy at The Lanes.

If you have posted a photo, thank you for your understanding and we look forward to meeting you soon!

Thwack!
Rina
Rina
user 3929613
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 202
Newbies Nights are for first time archers who have never shot a bow before or it's been many years since you picked up a recurve or compound bow.

Please don't sign up for more than one Newbie Night if you have already attended one unless there are spots left to fill close to the event deadline. We'd like to give genuine Newbies first chance at those spaces.
If you have attended a Newbie's Night, you can now sign up for any of our regular events.
Once an event deadline has passed, if there is a spot available and you would like to attend, contact the event Organizer to be signed up. You can always call the Lanes to see if space is available at the start of the event.
If we have an open spot, you may be allowed to join but we are allowed only 14 shooters maximum. You will be expected to pay $20 to the Lanes and toss a loonie in the 50/50 draw tin.

For safety reasons, we do NOT have to accommodate anyone who shows up unannounced or brings non-member guests.

If you are accepted as a fill-in at a Newbie Night, be prepared to spend time at the short firing lines while our Newbie's learn this sport. The firing line won't be moved until the Rangemaster is satisfied the group is ready to move back.

The last event of each month is a Long Shoot Night where we shoot solely from the 18 meter line and you can keep score of your hits to see how you are progressing.

You may bring your own equipment, if it's in good condition. Crossbows, fiberglass bows, wooden arrows and broadhead arrows are not allowed at The Lanes. Longbows are permitted but be aware the ceiling is low. If you have any questions, please call The Lanes directly.

If you bring your own equipment, transport it in a carrier bag or box and have somewhere to stow it if you wish to join us at The Fireside Pub after the event; they do not allow any weapons in the bar.

Safety first, safety always.
Have fun and we'll see you on the range. Thwack!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello :o)

I am a newbie just signed up to this group today. I would love to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow and have RSVP'd "yes" to the Newbie Night on February 5th. I'm looking forward learning and meeting new people.

I have a question that I do not see the answer to anywhere on this page. I understand that we have to pay $20 to The Lanes if we are participating. Is there an extra charge to rent a bow and arrow for those of us that don't have our own or is that included in the $20?

Also, I understand that we have to post a picture of ourselves. Does our profile picture count or do we have to post a picture elsewhere as well?

Looking forward to Newbie Night!

Thanks kindly,
Sarah :o)
Jemmy
emilgue
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 50
Hi Sarah,
Welcome to the club.
The $20 is including the rental of the bow and arrows.
Your profile picture will suffice, so that we know who you are when you show up for the meetup.
Enjoy your newbies night.... and put some holes in the target will you.. hahaha..
Cheers,

Jemmy
A former member
Post #: 2
Thank you Jemmy for answering my questions :o) I'm really looking forward to newbies night!
Thanks
Sarah :o)