ZE PowerGroup in Richmond, BC is hiring Java Application Developers. ZE PowerGroup is a leading edge software provider of the ZEMA suite – data management and analysis software products designed for energy companies. ZEMA provides clients with powerful capabilities around enterprise data management and warehousing, process automation, and business intelligence through web-based analytical tools, services, and dashboards.
As part of our award-winning ZEMA team, you will be responsible for developing Java applications which will be used by our clients around the globe. Working with our two Team Leads under the direction of our Vice President of Development & Architecture, you will join and collaborate with top Java developers in creating innovative products for our prestigious clients.
At ZE we believe in a collaborative environment based on mutual trust and emphasizing results over process. Rather than micromanagement and excessive direction, management philosophy has always focused on flexibility and end results. Our employees are our most valuable resource and we believe in treating them that way!
• Design, modify, develop, write and implement software products and applications
• Assess, test, trouble shoot, document, and upgrade applications
• Communicate releases, updates and enhancements to relevant departments, and ensure users are aware of the changes and implications
• Ensure user requests for changes or enhancements to ZEMA application are logged in the System
• Participate in projects and ZEMA application process reviews when required
• Test releases, updates and enhancements to existing business information applications
• Recommends improvements to ZEMA application
Required Education and Experience
• A diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology
• At least one (1) year of experience in a similar role – or – demonstrable fluency in Java Development
• Working knowledge of and experience with Java (J2SE/J2ME/J2EE), Oracle, And SQL Server
• Knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
• Familiarity with business processes
• Experience with development and implementation of systematic test plans: scheduling, test deliverables, release criteria, risk and contingency, scenario development
Required Skills and Qualities
• Self motivated, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
• Team player – interpersonal skills, collaboration, and facilitation skills for project team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate technical information in layman terms
• Time management and prioritization, especially with high workloads or under time constraints
To learn more about the Company and this exciting opportunity, please visit http://www.zemasuite.....
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com