|A former member||
Server Developer - EA SPORTS FIFA - temporary role.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
FIFA Soccer is the most popular and best selling sports video game in the world, winning more than 150 awards the past three years and selling more than 100 million units lifetime-to-date. Year after year, FIFA Soccer delivers unmatched emotion, quality and authenticity to millions of fans of “the beautiful game.” FIFA Soccer 12 was chosen Best Sports Game by E3 Game Critics for 2011 and once again will deliver the best sports experience no matter how or where you want to play.
The latest generation of consoles and growth of broadband internet connectivity has changed the way people play games. Where gaming used to be a more solitary experience it has now become expected for most games to include a significant online experience. People are playing cooperatively with or competitively against other gamers from all over the world, climbing leaderboards, joining clans, sharing content, comparing stats, and showing off achievements.
FIFA is seeking a talented and enthusiastic server engineer to join the FIFA Online Services team and help bring soccer games to millions of fans online. The candidate would be working with a team of server developers, and the FIFA game team, to imagine, design, plan and build the next generation of online features for FIFA, and make them accessible to a wide variety of platforms and services. If you love soccer and want to work on massive online games, this is the team for you.
• Creating services to support new and existing features for the FIFA family of games.
• Supporting multiple clients, including web, console and mobile.
• Creating tools and pipelines that support server development and live support.
• Integrating with internal and 3rd party libraries and services.
• Ensuring all deliverables and dependencies are bug free, within metrics budgets and on time.
Required Skills / experience:
• Java API programming experience
• Strong working knowledge of SQL in general, MySQL preferred, Oracle okay
• Experience using Eclipse IDE
• Experienced in at least one source control system and comfortable with managing development across multiple lines, Perforce experience a plus.
• Client/Server development
• Experience with C++, C#, HTML,
• Experience with Scripting languages
• JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity)
• Experience with Maven
• Service oriented architectures
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application as visa/relocation assistance is NOT provided.
To apply, visit: https://performancema...