We're an early stage, Vancouver based, start-up developing an online platform that helps people discover and engage organizations committed to sustainability. We believe that business can be a powerful force for change and are looking to build this movement online. We’re launching on Earth Day and have the support of 25 of BC’s leading sustainable companies and NGO’s behind us. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
We’re seeking a front end/ client side web developer to come onboard and hit the ground running. You should be able to generate efficient and elegant code and have a passion for design and usability. We’re looking for someone who shares our vision, has an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong work ethic and is keen to be part of a start-up environment. If you’re a motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy working in an agile and iterative development environment, then you’ll fit right in.
We’re a small, but dedicated team; our founders have marketing/sales and backend development expertise. You will be a key part of our team and work with our CTO and CEO to develop an awesome front end user experience.
Please note: Our start-up is supported by a government program that funds innovative technology start-ups; this program requires that new hires are 30 years or younger and have post secondary education.
• Design, build and maintain new front-end features and interfaces
• Rapidly prototype UI concepts
• Provide ongoing improvements to the user experience, performance, and maintainability of the site
• All the other stuff that comes up… we all wear a lot of hats
• Degree or diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of demonstrated front-end web development experience
• Solid understanding of web usability and design principles
• Working knowledge of industry standard visual design tools (Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Experience with cross-browser compatibility issues a must
• Understanding and interest in Web 2.0 concepts - online communities, social media, UGC
• Desire to work in a start-up and an interest in sustainability
• Start-up experience
• Experience building user interfaces for interactive consumer websites
• Experience with Google Map and/or Facebook Connect API
• Design experience for the mobile web
• Advanced knowledge in SEO and internet marketing
• A basic familiarity with server side languages (our site is built in Python/Django)
We can offer:
• As a pre-revenue start-up, we can offer a base salary of (30-38K) and equity participation
• Get involved with a start-up that has garnered early traction and grow with the company
• Lead front-end development and guide the user experience for TheChange.com
• Meaningful work with passionate people on a mission to advance the sustainability movement
If you're interested, please send a short email introducing yourself, along with links to your best work and a resume/Linkedin profile to Annalea@thechange.com.