|Sent on:||Monday, December 13, 2010 3:52 PM|
We are currently a 7 person ruby development team (within a small-medium size dev shop) that is working on a single codebase for a large enterprise (but not enterprisey) application. We are looking for two intermediate to advanced developers to join our team. We aim to take the best elements of various development methodologies that work for us (most notably from the agile camp) but don't adhere to any existing process. Developers have a high degree of autonomy and are expected to understand the 'why' behind the code they write.
We supply our developers with the latest Macs, and use modern dev tools: Git, Github, Pivotal Tracker, Rspec, Rails 3, Engineyard. We regularly debate the relative merits of Textmate and Vim, however we are all free to choose our own dev tools. All developers are encouraged to
champion improvements to the way we do things and we sincerely value our sane (or as close as we can reasonably achieve) company culture.
· 2+ years web application development experience, preferably in a product development environment
· Willingness to learn Ruby and Rails
· Self-starter; eager to learn new technologies and bring fresh ideas to the table
· Ability to manage your own time and meet deadlines
· Commitment to working onsite with the rest of the team (Vancouver)
Nice To Haves
· Github Account (please include on CV)
· Backend chops (linux, nginx, haproxy, passenger, redis, resque, sphinx, tsung / ab)
· Front end chops (jquery, compass, blueprint)
· Rspec experience
· Ruby and/or Rails experience
Moving expenses will be considered for the right candidate
What we’re all about?
Vancouver, BC-based Partnerpedia is a growing tech company located in the picturesque south Granville area of the city. Our employees enjoy an open, entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment, interesting and challenging projects built on the latest technologies, competitive total rewards packages, and opportunities for advancement. Since 1996 we have provided customized .NET web application solutions to enterprise customers. Over the past few years, Partnerpedia has expanded its breadth of client offerings to include a Ruby on Rails online partner community product, and a Community Marketplace where companies can provide a one-stop marketplace for developers and partners to collaborate and sell online. For additional company information, check out: www.partnerpedia.com .
If this opportunity sounds intriguing, please email me directly at [address removed].