I have a spot for volunteering for RailsConf 2014 (in Chicago). I was supposed to go but our company VenueSpot has a preview day that day in SF so I won't be able to make it. I have the schedule if anyone is interested.
We are looking for volunteers to help us with a variety of duties at RailsConf 2014!
What we expect from volunteers (starred items will be required of every volunteer):
• Unpack materials
• Carry materials up to 25 lbs.
• Assist with placing navigation/directional and session room signs
• Sort badges, lanyards, bags, etc.
• Direct traffic, especially at high-volume times such as lunch and snack breaks
• Monitor the speaker lounge
• Hand out T-shirts
• Assist with registration and check-in *
• Answer any primary questions about the conference –– meal locations, schedule
information, etc. Answer sheet will be provided to volunteer by conference staff. *
What we seek in all the volunteers:
• Flexible work time, approximately 20 hours of work
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
What we offer volunteers:
• Free ticket to RailsConf, April 22-25, Chicago –– Chance to see the conference
program during any times when you aren’t scheduled.
• Conference T-shirt
• Lunch for each day of the conference
Let me know if anyone is interested!