Vancouver International and Independent Cinema Group Message Board › Vancouver International film Festival

Vancouver International film Festival

A former member
Post #: 25
There is one and only one film during this VIFF that is from Poland. It is called "Reverse." It shows today (Friday, October 1st) at 6:45 in Empire Granville 7 Th. 2 (the address is 855 Granville). It should be very sad and very interesting movie.

I'm sorry, I had banking problems, and was not able to come earlier to the Starbucks. Film was not sad at all, and I enjoyed it very much. Graz.
A former member
Post #: 7
How is so far everyone's experience with VIFF ?
Ive just seen one and I have 12 more to see. I've seen "The Red Chapel" and it was wow !!! Bizarre, funny, profundly distrubing in the same time.
Anyine saw it ? I don't know what to believe:was it for real ? When they join the parade, i don't know I started wondering - the security is so big at this type of events, how could they possibly do it ?
RickJ
user 8374187
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 30
Hi,

Did not care for Red Chapel.

Found it disrespectful, reckless. and presumptuous.

It was a sad movie to watch. and distressing to watch the only sane person deeply disturbed by his inability to put on a false face.

You do not cultivate change by mocking another entity, try practicing some respect and attempting to understand their position/situation.

My favorite film so far has been Fourth Portrait.

Great language, symbolism, and scenery, unpredictable, funny, and touching.

regards,

Nikoo
user 8681838
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
Just watched "Good Morning Africa". It is an EXCELLENT documentary on the lives of four women in different African countries. Highly recommend watching it. There is a showing tomorrow Friday Oct. 08 at 1:30 pm.