|Sent on:||Friday, November 2, 2012 12:30 AM|
Dear Reel Causes members and regular fans,
Special screening of “Waking the Green Tiger” - only $5 for Reel Causes members who attend the AGM!
($13 for members not attending the AGM and $15 for non-members)
PLUS - After-screening Q & A with the film-makers.
PLUS - Fantastic Door Prizes for any members attending the AGM!
PLUS - A chance for everyone to win free tickets to “It’s a Wonderful Life” at the Arts Club Theatre Company.
When: The event starts at 6:15 pm sharp with a short AGM: Film to follow AGM: Doors open at 6 pm
Where: VanCity Theatre - 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
Other info: If you’re a member, please be sure to bring your membership card - you’ll need it for your
discounted ticket and to vote at the AGM. You should also have it handy if paying on-line
Non Members can attend the AGM but cannot vote
How to buy tickets: $5 for members attending the AGM (payable on-line with PayPal at Reel Causes.org
or at the membership desk) – Buy Tickets (Tickets will be on-line shortly)
$13 for members not attending the AGM at the door
$15 for non-members (payable on-line at Vancity or at the door) - Buy Tickets
Not a member? Become one!!
You can buy your membership on-line with PayPal at Reel Causes.org up until 5 pm on November 14th, or at the membership desk the evening of the event. Buy a Membership
For only $10 per year, you get all kinds of cool discounts around town and at Reel Causes screenings
* Reel Causes is a BC-registered non-profit society. As a member, you’re eligible to vote for board members of the society at the upcoming AGM. The board members will be elected for another year term - so they can work hard to bring you wonderful film, engaging discussions with film-makers, and the chance for you to help worthwhile charities. Please check out the current board members’ profiles at www.reelcauses.org. We also have three new board nominees listed in the Agenda below.
And if YOU’D like to become more involved with Reel Causes and be nominated to join either the board or serve on one of our volunteer working groups, please send us a note to [address removed] telling us about your relevant background and skills.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of REEL CAUSES SOCIETY - AGENDA
1. President’s Report
2. Financial Report and presentation of Financial Statements for the period
August 12th 2011 to October 31st 2012. (Financial Year End is December 31st each year)
3. Report on the Society’s Strategic Plan
4. Election of the following Directors to the board for a period of 1 Year
Returning Directors: Mohamed Ehab, Robert Davidson, Gabriel Morosan
Dana DeKoven, Meharoona Ghani, Ian Merkel
New Nominees: Lisa Mighton, Mary McPherson, Jocelyn Chee
5. Other Business and Free Draw of Tickets to other Festivals and Films - Members Only
6. Film to follow the AGM
See you on November 14th!!
This email message originally included an attachment.